Recent Posts

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Book Review: Submission A Novel by Marthe Blau


Submission: A Novel by Marthe Blau


My rating: 4 of 5 stars

You'll want to scream,

but you'll be gagged.

You'll want to cry,

but you'll be blindfolded.

You'll want to run away,

but you'll be tied up.

You'll have no way of begging me,

I'll do what I want with you.


Sexual obsession, domination, and dangerous desire drive the story of Élodie, a young married Parisian lawyer who finds herself swept up in a cycle of sadomasochistic lust.


A handsome stranger Élodie meets in court issues her a series of instructions that she feels compelled to follow. He introduces her to sex clubs hidden in dark alleys, toys that enhance physical pleasure as well as pain, and couples whose appetites are as voracious as his. What at first seems out of character for Élodie -- she has a small child at home, after all -- quickly begins to shape her self-identity. As the violence of their encounters escalates, these acts become an addiction she can't bear. But how far can Élodie go . . . and how much of her life will she risk in the process?


This sophisticated and captivating novel exudes the sensuality that only the French can deliver.

My Views: The writer comepletely Dominated me with her erotic novel of supposed real and true events. Although there were scenes that seemed elaborate, not completely far fetched but to an extent were in many cases. I felt sad, yet excited along with the main character of this book when I found myself reading her feelings and tried to grasp the idea of what she must have experienced and what it must of been like. Although many of my like friends who are into the lifestyle just saw this book as being no where near like what the real lifestyle is like cause the relationship between D/s is one that is of love in many ways and very different. What some forget is that there are incidents that do happen in the type of fashions, that this book revolves around. To me this book is what I needed and perfect for that easy read that I didn't need to focus on to get the story! I loved the idea that it took me two nights of not so consecutive reading to finish it and I would recommend it to Aanyone in the lifestyle with this note: It's a fictitious story and although based on the authors real life events she has experienced if you are looking for a read that is strictly by the BDSM book and more real than do not pick up this book and expect to come out with a thorough knowledge of the BDSM lifestyle.

Another Note: this book does contain graphic intimate, explicit content so if you don't like erotic novels this may not be the book for you, also it does contain same sex relations, and I realize that some book lovers, might not be as opened minded as some others maybe so I thought I would contain this part in my review!

Until my next read which I yet haven't picked, Happy Reading All!!!
View all my reviews >>

0 comments:

Post a Comment